Sophie de Vries
Meet Sophie de Vries; the beautiful wife of Belgian defender, Jan Vertonghen. Her 6’2? boyfriend plays for English club Tottenham Hotspur and the Belgian national team.
Vertonghen was born on 24 April 1987, in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium, to Ria Mattheeuws and Paul Vertonghen. His full name is Jan Bert Lieve Vertonghen and he has two brothers, Ward and Lode; both of whom have played football.
Jan Vertonghen is one of the most respected football celebrities. He is Belgian professional football player who currently plays for English club Tottenham Hotspur and represents his national team Belgium. He serves as defender wearing Jersey number 5 in the field and his playing skills and techniques make people appreciated. This 30-year-old footballer has also played for club Ajax and RKC. His height is 6 Feet 2 Inch tall and weighs 74kg.
Since arriving at White Hart Lane, Vertonghen has become one of the cornerstones of the English team’s defense, a status that is replicated at international level.
Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Sophie de Vries:
- -Sophie who must be just as excited as him, they started dating in 2012. Sophie is from the Bijlmer and she works there in theatre workshops with children; she splits her time now between London and Amsterdam.
- -The couple met at school in the Bijlmer and have settled in the smart north London area of Belsize Park, choosing the Camden Town side of it
- -Whenever her man is off they enjoy outings to the beach or with friends and romantic evenings. One of their favorite places to go on vacation in Hawaii.
- -Down to earth, smiley Sophie is pursuing a career as a theatre director, prior to that she attended the College of the Arts. She and Jan finally got married in 2014.
- -Nowadays, they have two beautiful children together; Leyla born in 2015, and a son born in September 2017.
Join the Conversation