So you are on the lookout for the best possible soccer cleats the market has to offer? No worries, we’ve got you covered. Soccer cleats are a must when you live the soccer player life; you need the right gear to go along. But, with so many options, it can get frustrating knowing what to get—the reason why we’ll be telling you all about the best soccer cleats.
It doesn’t matter if you are a serious player or enjoy having fun at the park with your friends; proper soccer footwear is a must. The right soccer cleats can not only boost your play but can also help you avoid injuries. Now it’s ok if you feel a bit overwhelmed with so many options out there.
Soccer cleats come in a wide range of styles, sizes, designs, and prices, and knowing which pair of soccer shoes is right for you relies on several factors. That said, the number one thing you must know is the surface you’ll be playing on; from there, it’s all about personal likes. To help you in your quest for the best soccer cleats, check out the following list recommended by experts.
Things to keep in mind to choose soccer cleats
Comfort and Fit
Fit revolves around the size of the shoe and how much room you have for your foot inside of it. You could like yourself, is the shoe snug, or does it afford a little bit of movement? Comfort is how the shoe feels on your foot when you’re in the game.
The number one rule to making sure you have the right fit for your shoe is to keep it snug on your foot.
Soccer cleats elements
This is the shoe portion that covers the foot and makes contact with the ball during gameplay. The upper is usually made of natural or synthetic leather material.
The outsole is the actual shoe; it means the bottom of the cleat making contact with the ground’s surface.
The shoe you pick needs to be based on the type of surface area you plan to play on. You can find indoor shoes as well as the obvious cleats for outdoor game time.
Studs are designed for natural grass and dirt fields.
Best Soccer Cleats
Nike Vapor 13 Elite Fg Firm-Ground Soccer Cleats
The texture of this shoe is fine, and the material is designed to conform to the shape and size of your foot for a tighter fit. It also comes with a special coating to their dimpled upper; this provides consistent touch no matter the weather.
- 360-degree Flyknit construction wraps your foot for a second-skin fit.
- New high-tenacity yarn and a 1-piece lining create a close, secure feel on the field.
- The lightweight forefoot plate features a Nike Aerotrak zone with microgrooves.
- The angular studs combine with a new stiffer chassis for explosive acceleration with every step.
- Insole with NikeGrip technology, maximum interior traction underfoot, and lightweight cushioning.
- It may be too tight
Puma Men’s Evopower Soccer Cleats
Puma fabricated this shoe with materials and design choices that try to recreate your foot’s fluid, natural motions. To say the least, the shoes are flexible; built with a Japanese synthetic Puma is calling Adapt-Lite, which stretches vertically from the front of the shoe so you can bend your foot forward and back without effortlessly.
- Removable EVA foam insole for cushioned comfort. A soft insert on the heel offers a more flexible fit.
- AdapLite, a premium one-way stretchable microfiber with AccuFoam pads in the strike zone for added power.
- GripTex has been applied for enhanced ball control.
- Gradual Stability Frame, a rib-like spine system that runs through the shoe, the evoPOWER 1.2 offers complete flexibility.
Mizuno Men’s Soccer Shoe
The cut of the upper has a strong, snug fit but doesn’t run too narrow like other models. Mizuno also offers a minimal amount of padding and lining inside the shoe, contributing to the feel of a shoe that seems like you’re barefoot on the pitch.
- Soft, durable synthetic leather.
- Zeroglide: zero glide removable sock liner for increased foot hold and maximum comfort.
- Ct-frame-inspired texture.
- The 3D texture applied within the leather layer provides a slick yet innovative look to the upper.
Adidas Men’s Messi 15.2 Fg/Ag Firm Ground/Artificial Grass Soccer Cleats
Ever thought of playing like The man; here is your chance. These men’s soccer cleats are for the player who relentlessly drives through opponents just like Messi himself. So you can expect from this shoe’s relentless consistent performance; Adidas manages this by giving this soccer cleat an ultra-thin synthetic upper with a dimpled surface for better control at a faster rate of speed.
- 100% Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- With a Messi TOUCH X-ray surface for precision in every touch, a Messi FRAME locked-in fit with exposed cage, and a messi GAMBETRAX stud design so you can play to win.
- Locked-in fit
- Slightly narrow
Diadora GLX Soccer Cleats
This is the right shoe for you if you look for speed, agility, and a lightweight feel on the pitch. The DD-NA3 performs well thanks to their synthetic SuprellPro3L upper, engineered to be thin for true and accurate touch on the ball.
- 100% Suprellsoft Synthetic
- Synthetic sole
- Breathable, waterproof outsole
- Good performance and style, made using the finest materials, and learned Italian craftsmanship.
- Bad design in the back; it cuts into the heel.
- Too narrow.
UA Boy’s ClutchFit Force 2.0 Soccer Cleats
The shoe has a die-cut sock liner that provides extra cushiony comfort and helps ward off aching feet after they’ve been running around in studded cleats for hours at a time. In addition, under Armor has given the Flash a dual-shape cleat configuration providing conical studs at the forefoot for fast directional maneuvers and bladed cleats at the heel for quicker timing and acceleration when it matters most.
- Designed for Hard Ground surfaces.
- Lace-up closure.
- Cushioned collar.
- Die-cut sock liner.
- Textile insole for good in-shoe feel.
- Secure fit and comfort, as well as good cushioning.
- Slightly narrow
Adidas Performance Men’s Soccer Mundial Goal Shoes
These shoes come highly recommended to play Futsal, a type of indoor soccer on a hard court. They allow you to really feel the ball which is what every player wants.
- 100% Leather/Synthetics.
- Rubber sole.
- The shaft measures approximately 6-12 inches from the arch.
- Platform measures approximately 0-3 inches.
- Boot opening measures approximately 0-3 inches.
- Split-suede leather upper
- Synthetic lining for comfort and non-marking gum rubber outsole for excellent grip on all indoor surfaces, great fit, and incredible ball touch.
- They can be worn out fast
Nike Premier II FG
The combination of soft kangaroo leather with conical stud result in cushioned touch, consistent traction, and a comfortable feel underfoot. Renowned for softness and durability, the kangaroo leather used in the forefoot offers a touch unlike any other.
- Soft kangaroo leather.
- The fold-over tongue keeps laces out of the way.
- Full-length TPU plate.
- Lightweight insole.
- Firm-ground (FG) studs are best for use on slightly wet short-grass pitches.
- Good durability, stability, and cushioning.
- Slightly narrow
Nike Tempo Legend 8 Elite FG Soccer Cleats
This pair of shoes are for those who appreciate that real leather opens up a lot more than synthetic leather. They come highly recommended as a durable option for people with wider feet.
- Soft premium kangaroo leather is left unstitched for a touch unlike any other.
- Quad-Fit mesh lining hugs your foot for a comfortable feel right out of the box.
- Textured forefoot and All Conditions Control (ACC) technology gives you control in wet and dry conditions.
- Flyknit tongue wraps under your arch for a supportive feel.
- NikeGrip technology on the sock liner helps lock your foot in place within the cleat.
Adidas Copa Mundial Soccer Cleats
These shoes are a favorite among players because of they ‘molds to your foot.’ Players describe that when you hit the ball, you feel like you are playing barefoot. This is considered the perfect soccer pair for new players because they provide the extra support they need to prevent injuries.
- Kangaroo leather
- Good fit
- Slightly narrow.
Looking for cleats for your little ones? In that case check out the Best rated toddler soccer cleats on 2021
Join the Conversation