Turf Soccer Shoes
Is your community team getting more serious about their afternoon soccer games, and all of a sudden, you need the best turf soccer shoes available? If you said yes, this is a great coincidence because we will tell you precisely about some of the best-rated turf shoes you can find in today’s market.
Artificial turf pitches have become quite popular, and besides, what could be better than to shed some stress while practicing your favorite sport, right! It is not like you need an excuse to meet up with your friends and have fun; that said, safety is first, and turf soccer shoes are what you should wear when doing the deed.
Let’s keep in mind that turf pitches require a different type of footwear for you to play comfortably on them. But with so many options out there, how do you know what to pick. Relax and continue reading to find out key elements to have in mind when choosing your sports footwear, and check out some of the best options available.
Turf Soccer Shoes FAQs
When do you need turf soccer shoes?
When you find yourself playing soccer on artificial turf, the reason is that turf soccer shoes are specifically designed to be worn on artificial grass.
Why are turf soccer shoes more effective on artificial grass than normal soccer cleats?
Turf soccer shoes come with harder outsoles than traditional soccer shoes. They also feature raised, dense, aggressive treads that are shallower than the ones used on normal soccer cleats. In addition, turf soccer shoes are not meant to permeate the mat underneath the surface of synthetic grass. Instead, they are designed to hold onto the dense surface of turfgrass.
Things to have in mind when picking out turf soccer shoes
This may be the most important thing to have in mind when choosing your turf soccer shoes. You want shoes that fit snuggly, both in the heel and the toe. And what you are trying to avoid is your foot from sliding on the inside of the shoe. Stay away from shoes that are too narrow for your foot.
Upper body material
The upper body of turf shoes is made from either leather, synthetic material, or a toughened plastic called Polyurethane.
- Leather is the more expensive option but gives a better fit and is more comfortable to wear as it is more supple than PU but wears out quicker than its plastic counterpart.
- Synthetic Leather. Nowadays almost indistinguishable from the real thing with the bonus of being cheaper and more durable.
- Polyurethane boots are cheaper to produce and longer-lasting than leather. However, the savings on price are offset by the comparative hardness of the surface of the boots and a decreased sense of touch when controlling the ball.
The soles of turf shoes are made of rubber. This is a good thing because it provides a good grip on various artificial surfaces, including Astroturf, synthetic grass, and hard ground.
The studs or cleats on turf shoes are a lot shorter than outdoor soccer shoes and are intended for traction and grip on hard surfaces.
Best Turf Soccer Shoes
This pair of shoes offers great fitting and are highly rated by users for being super light.
- PrimeKnit upper wraps foot for an ultralight fit and adaptive comfort
- Upper is engineered from heel to toe for enhanced touch and feel
- 2-piece sock-fit collar construction provides unmatched ease of entry and support
- The laceless design offers the option of locked-in fit and feel
- Demon skin 2.0 rubber strike zone for maximum ball control
- Rubber studded outsole high-speed control and stability synthetic turf pitches.
- Sizing can be confusing
Puma keeps faithful to its iconic design whilst using materials fit for the tests of the modern game; the king top is altogether sleeker with a contemporary silhouette.
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Soccer Performance
- Nice fit
- Sole may come off easily
- Too narrow
- Size is confusing
Soccer cleat, synthetic, flexible sole, turf shoes, easy to wear and comfortable, everlasting, and suitable for regular use.
- Rubber sole
- Great quality
- Soft, polyurethane synthetic upper.
- Insole: Fixed cotton and shock-absorbing EVA foam.
- Multi-studded anti-abrasion rubber outside provides superior traction on turf.
- The Capitano also uses a multitude of studs on the rubber sole.
- The shoes tend to grip really well on both Astroturf and indoor courts.
- Good for refs but not recommended for players.
The Nike Mercurial Victory is well-reviewed, with the newer versions on the market. The Nike Mercurial Victory V is a great synthetic choice for artificial turf. They can be used as artificial grass soccer cleats as well.
Soft synthetic upper in foot molding construct Minimal tongue for a snug fit
Sturdy nubbed treads for suitability on turf ground
Swoosh branding print
Perforated sockliner for low-profile cushioning Full-length TPU outsole for multi-directional traction.
Sizing is confusing
These shoes also have several stars, and the Nike Phantom offers to boost your play; the shoes come with an off-center lacing pattern for a larger strike zone, while a textured upper creates optimal touch during shots, passing, and dribbling.
- Synthetic leather for lightweight durability and easy to clean
- Grippy texture across the top is strategically placed for precise touch
- Off-center lacing creates a clean strike zone for focused kicks and dribbling.
- The rubber sole is designed to give you multidirectional traction on synthetic surfaces.
- Fit is stiff
This Puma Ultra will take your skills to another level with help from the MATRYXEVO upper is fused to a running spike-inspired SpeedUnit outsole for unmatched lightweight speed and control on the pitch.
- Lightweight MATRYXEVO technology woven upper constructed with technical aramid fiber and carbon yarns for support during fast-forward motion
- GripControl Pro coating for decisive command over the ball when on the attack
- Rubber lugged outsole for use on synthetic grass and artificial turf surfaces