Is your toddler asking for soccer cleats, and you have no idea where to being! Please do not panic; we’ve got your back. Getting the right fit for toddlers can be challenging, especially when they need special equipment like soccer cleats. We know it can be stressful, so we are here to share with you some of the best toddler soccer cleats around.
Soccer is a popular sport and is often preferred by children of all ages. This beloved sport has multiple benefits for children, it is not only viewed as physical activity, but it can also help your kid improve mental agility. However, for toddlers, it is more about having fun, making friends, developing discipline, and learning about healthy competition.
However, your toddler will need some new attire; no soccer activity is complete without the proper equipment, including the right soccer cleats. Soccer shoes for toddlers come in a wide variety. It can be not very clear to pick the right ones with different prices, designs, and styles. Below you’ll find what to look for in your toddler shoes and some of the best options available.
Why do toddlers need soccer cleats?
When practicing and playing the sport, equipment is of utmost importance. Kids who are old enough to practice any sport must have the correct equipment, ensuring their safety and performance.
Soccer cleats will then provide a good grip and traction and protect their feet while playing. Cleats also become relevant depending on the specific surface the child is playing on.
Will soccer cleats get worn out fast?
The sole on the bottom of the shoe is rarely worn. That said, the foam inside the shoe and the outer part of the shoe near the toes tend to wear rather quickly.
Do soccer cleats need maintenance?
Soccer shoes need to be washed regularly; this will ensure their durability. All you need to clean synthetic shoes is a mild detergent and water.
Are soccer cleats dangerous for toddlers?
Basically, if your child is playing on a field, they will require cleats; remember, they need the grip. In other words, it could be more dangerous if they are not wearing the right shoes as they could fall, be pushed by other kids, or slip.
Things to keep in mind when picking out soccer cleats
Let’s say you need to choose a soccer shoe; what you want is the type of shoe that is light yet sturdy and durable. Materials you’ll find in soccer shoes include leather, synthetic leather, mesh, and knitting, which are used for the shoe’s upper part.
Keep in mind that synthetic shoes are lightweight, but leather types are more durable. Now, if playing in hot and humid conditions, mesh or knitting are the best choices.
You want the base of your shoes to offer performance and great support, but they should also be comfortable to wear and play with. Make sure the shoes fit right as your toddler could trip and fall.
It may not be so relevant at this age. However, the position of the player is also something to keep in mind for the near future. While strikers need lightness, agility, and good ball control, goalkeepers look for excellent traction to hand shots.
Soccer shoes actually vary depending on the surface of the court. Have in mind if you will be playing on hard ground, muddy ground, artificial turf, or in the indoor area. Then you can choose accordingly.
Safety is another important factor to consider. If they are outdoors, then they can wear some rubberized soles with rubber spikes. Typically at this age, just rubber cleats should be fine. Another biggie when it comes to safety at this age, make sure the soccer shoelaces stay tied.
Best Toddler Soccer Cleats
The Adidas Nemeziz 17+ 360Agility firm ground soccer cleats feature the new Agility Bandage System, inspired by medical taping. This system creates a bandage-like fit for dynamic support for your every move, keeping your feet agile on the field.
- Synthetic and textile upper / Synthetic and textile lining / Synthetic outsole.
- Weave through defenders.
- Foot-hugging Agility
- Highest mobility and bandaged fit
- Secure lockdown and ankle stability
- Striking design will give your tiny to huge amounts of style
- Effective cleat pattern for maximum traction on firm or soft surface fields
- Medical tape and bandage design offers support for challenging movements
- Second-skin feel
- Difficult to put on and take off
This pair has classic looks and all-game comfort.
- 100% Synthetic
- Synthetic sole
- Firm-ground soccer cleats for stability and speed
- Synthetic leather upper for durability
- Lace closure
- Flexible ground outsole for maximum traction on firm ground
- They feature a lightweight, durable synthetic upper
- They’re designed for stability and speed on firm ground
- Sizing can be confusing
The Nike Jr. Phantom Vision Academy Dynamic Fit Little/Big Kids’ Multi-Ground Soccer Cleat has textured material for precision and control over the ball. At the same time, the cover over your laces gives you a bigger strike surface.
- Textured instep gives you precision and control
- Internal bootie hugs your foot for comfort and a supportive feel
- Dynamic Fit collar wraps the ankle for a sock-like fit
- Ghost lacing system covers your laces for a bigger strike zone
- Multi-ground (MG) cleats for use on short-grass or artificial surfaces
- Internal bootie and Dynamic Fit collar
- Sock-like fit
- Provides traction on natural- and artificial-grass surfaces
- Nike cleats tend to run narrow
This pair of indoor soccer shoes for toddlers are great for those playing on turf or maybe futsal or indoor soccer.
- Synthetic sole
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- Juniors’ indoor soccer shoes that adapt to your foot shape
- Lace closure; Regular fit
- Soft synthetic upper
- Mono-tongue construction adapts to your foot shape
- Rubber outsole for traction on indoor surfaces
- Morphs to your foot shape to keep you comfortable
- Locked-down fit for stability
- Too narrow
This is a stylish Nike design that will give your toddler an extra bit of confidence on the field. Most love them for their tonal lace-up design, which means they don’t need a knot.
- A comfortable lining and Dynamic Fit
- Soft synthetic material is textured from heel to toe
- A versatile multi-ground plate with an Aerotrak zone in the forefoot provides traction
- Sockliner for lightweight cushioning
- Higher plate overlap on the toe for durability
- The versatile multi-ground plate provides traction on natural- and artificial-grass surfaces.