Soccer star Andres Iniesta needs little introduction; the Spanish footballer is widely known to fans for playing for the Spanish national team and the Spanish club FC Barcelona. And since we know how much of a fan you are, we’ll be telling you all about the life and works of this amazing player.
Iniesta is best known for his 16-year stint at Laliga club, Barcelona, where he won several individual laurels and trophies. He is highly regarded as one of the top European players to have graced the pitch.
Want to know more? Please keep reading and learn personal details about Andres Iniesta, who he is dating, married, Andres Iniesta’s success, career, achievements, Andres Iniesta’s net worth, and many more.
Andres Iniesta bio
Andrés Iniesta Lujàn was born on May 11, 1984, to Fuentealbilla, located in the Albacete municipality, which has a reputation for producing fine wine. His father, José Antonio Iniesta, was a businessman, while his mother, María Luján, was a housekeeper.
Growing up, Iniesta loved football, which led him to play the sport frequently.
Andres Iniesta Net Worth timeline
- At the age of 10, young Iniesta began playing for a youth academy in Albacete. At the academy, Iniesta improved his antics to the amazement of onlookers.
- Iniesta to continue his career at Barcelona’s youth academy, La Masia.
- He eventually went into Barcelona and became part of the youth training system of the club. By the time he was 15, he had progressed up the team’s ranks to become the U-15 side captain.
- In 1999, he participated in the Nike Premier Cup, where his late strike in the final helped his team lift the tournament trophy.
- Iniesta first featured for the Barcelona senior side in the 2004/05 season, playing 34 of 35 league games.
- Before starting the 2006/07 regular season, Iniesta captained the Barcelona team to the Joan Gamper Trophy, which they won.
- In the 2007/08 season, Iniesta switched jersey numbers from #24 to #8. He also signed a contract extension with Barcelona, which will see him stay at the club till 2014.
- As the 2008/09 season commenced, Iniesta was the club’s fourth choice captain.
- At the end of the 2009 season, he finished fifth in the FIFA World Player of the Year and fourth in the Ballon d’Or.
- He further signed a contract extension with Barcelona, which will see him stay at the club until 2015.
- In December 2013, Iniesta penned a contract extension with Barcelona, which will last till 2018.
- The 2014/15 season was one of the best for Iniesta, who led Barcelona to claim the Laliga, the Copa del Rey, and the UEFA Champions League.
- His 2015/16 season was also amazing for Iniesta, applauded by Madrid fans in the El Clasico match in November 2015.
- In 2018, he announced that he’d be departing from Barcelona at the 2018/19 season conclusion.
- He concluded his final season with Barcelona by winning the La Liga and the Copa del Rey.
- On May 24, 2018, he signed a three-year deal with Vissel Kobe.
- Made his debut with Vissell Kobe on July 18th.
- On January 20, 2020, he won his first trophy in the J1 league, precisely the 2019 Emperor’s Cup.
- Signed a contract extension with Vissel Kobe on May 11, 2021.
Andres Iniesta Net Worth 2021
According to online sources, Andres Iniesta has a net worth of $120 million.
Andres Iniesta Endorsements
Currently ranking in the 46th place by Forbes’ highest-paid athlete of 2019.
Iniesta had a 20-year long deal with Nike. But he left the Nike deal and signed with Japanese sportswear brand Asics instead. He earns as much as $2.5 million from his sponsorship and endorsement deal with Asics.
In addition, he has endorsement deals with Nissan and UFX.com. He is also a major shareholder in the academy he first played in, Albacete football academy.
How much does Andres Iniesta make annually?
Annually he receives $30 million.
Andres Iniesta favorite cars
Iniesta owns numerous cars; some of the cars in his garage have been given by his club and sponsors. The Audi SQ7 is one to name, and the other is the Nissan Pulsar that he received in 2014.
Some other cars that join the list are an Audi A7 and a Bugatti Veyron.
Andres Iniesta Ventures
Andre founded a winery in 2010. Bodega Iniesta now runs as the Family Business to keep the Iniesta Lujan family wine tradition intact. The Winery, which has about 30 permanent employees, is located in Fuentealbilla, a coastal village close to the Mediterranean sea. The winery was built with a sprawling Vineyard and a guest house for visitors who would like to spend a night in a cozy rural environment surrounded by scented vineyards.
One of his most famous bottles is named “Minuto 116,” which references the minute he scored Spain’s title-winning goal at the 2010 World Cup.
Andres Iniesta Real Estate
Iniesta owns a lovely-looking crib in his hometown of Fuentealbilla, Spain. The house, built in 2005, cost Barcelona a solid $4.6 million and comes with a swimming pool and 5 bedrooms to match the price.
Andres Iniesta Wife
Iniesta and his beautiful and supportive, Anna Ortiz, tied the knot in 2012. The couple began dating in 2008.
Andres Iniesta Children
Andres Iniesta and Anna Ortiz are the proud parents of four children, daughters Valeria Iniesta Ortiz and Siena Iniesta Ortiz, and sons, Paolo Andrea Iniesta Ortiz and Romeo Iniesta, born in 2019.
In 2014, his wife suffered a miscarriage.
Andres Iniesta Career
Iniesta began his career at the youth academy at Albacete in 1994 before moving to Barcelona in 1996; went on to join the youth academy of FC Barcelona and subsequently captained the Under-15 team to a Nike Premier Cup victory in 1999. Andres began his senior career in 2001, moving up to the FC Barcelona first team in 2002; was on the squad for the FIFA U-17 World Championship in 2001. In 2002, he won the UEFA European Under-19 Championship with the Spanish team. He began to improve in 2004 and has since become one of FC Barcelona’s most consistent and popular players.
He also played in the FIFA World Cup held in 2006. In 2008, he won the UEFA Euros with Spain. Iniesta then went on to win the 2010 FIFA World Cup, where he scored the winning goal in a toughly contested final.
Nominated for numerous sports honors and was named the UEFA Best Player in Europe in 2012. Andres was the Best Player of the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League, came in runner-up to Lionel Messi in 2010 FIFA Ballon d’Or voting, and won the La Liga Spanish Player of the Year award in 2009; and awarded the Marca Legend Award in 2011.
He went on to win the UEFA Euro 2012, won the Player of the Tournament award. At the FIFA Confederation Cup in 2013; the team finished runner-up, and recipient of the Silver ball. He also played in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Iniesta was also part of the Spanish squad in the Euro 2016. Following the 2018 World Cup, Iniesta, who had already played in 131 games for the Spanish national senior side, announced his retirement from international football.
How successful is Andres Iniesta?
Andres Iniesta was a part of Spain’s golden generation of footballers, and he had a trophy-laden career for both club and country. He has won 9 La Liga titles, 4 Champions Leagues, 6 Copa Del Rey, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 6 Spanish Super Cups.
Iniesta has 131 appearances for Spain and has scored 13 goals. His goal in the 2010 FIFA world cup final against the Netherlands won Spain its first World Cup. He has won 1 World cup and 2 Euros with Spain.
Andres spent an unprecedented 22 years with Barcelona, where he served three years as captain. In 2018 he signed a contract with Japan’s Vissel Kobe, which pays $30 million per year. That made him one of the 10 highest-paid soccer players globally and one of the 50 highest-paid athletes.
Where can I find Andres Iniesta?
Andres Iniesta is active on social media; you can find him on some of the most common and popular platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Iniesta Social Media
Andres is active on Instagram, where he has over 36 million followers.
Andres Iniesta Favorite Quotes
- Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end you just have to be yourself.
- There are moments when the human body can overcome things you would never expect.
- When you need help, you have to look for it: at times, it’s necessary. People are specialists; that’s what they’re there for. You have to use them.
- Perfection doesn’t exist.
Where does Andres Iniesta live?
Andres Iniesta and his family currently live in Kobe, Japan.
What does Andres Iniesta do now?
Andres Iniesta left Barcelona to join the Japanese club Vissel Kobe in 2018. He recently signed a contract extension with Kobe, which will see him retire at the Japanese Club.
In May 2021, the 37-year-old signed a two-year extension with the J-League team that pays him an estimated $30 million annually through 2023.